!!Social Media=Real Life??

!!Social Media=Real Life??


Theres been a lot of talk about social media and what it portrays to the people for a while now, and
I never gave it much thought.  Ok first ill put this into perspective why I've been thinking about this.  Recently I went through something (not gonna name cause theres really no point to that) and I feared going on social media.  I didn't want to run into the person I was trying to escape on social media. I didn't want to see them liking other peoples pictures and not mine, yes this is very juvenile I'm aware.  We all get caught up in the social media influence sometimes.  Your boyfriend or friend likes someones picture without responding to you first, or maybe your significant other is liking certain peoples pictures.  in reality this shouldn't bother you but it does.
When you post a picture you make sure you look good right? So does everyone else only the best image and only what that person wants you to see is what they will post about.  I've talked to so many people and they've told me about so many people that are actually unhappy, but from what I see and hear I would think there having the time of there lives.

I recently wanted to do a social media detox, not go on any social medias for days. I didn't but social media is such  strange thing,  most of us go on when we're bored and it has become almost a routine in our lives.  Social Media isn't real life and we must remember that, don't compare what you post wont someone else post.  Don't compare your selfie to someone else, and certainly don't compare your likes to someone else.  When I was still in high school one of my coworkers asked me if I had any friends (??), this coworker was someone I grew up with and went to school with. He had assumed I didn't have friends because I wasn't posting about hanging out with someone on my social media 24/7 as he does.
You don't need to post about something to make it real bro should you ever be pressured into doing so.  Social media is to show your life, to show one aspect of your life remember that.
I also want to hear any one else's thoughts on social media or how you think its influenced you.
Thanks
Lyss xx


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Casual

New York

Comfy and cute